The Wrestling Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wrestling Kingdom

The True franchise of the IWC....The Wrestling Kingdom

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why Johnny Nitro's name was changed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave
Admin
Dave

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2007-07-25

Why Johnny Nitro's name was changed Empty
PostSubject: Why Johnny Nitro's name was changed   Why Johnny Nitro's name was changed Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 4:10 pm

partial source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- They changed Johnny Nitro's name because the feeling was that it was not serious enough and he's now in a world champion position. Vince felt people wouldn't take him seriously with the gimmicky Johnny Nitro name. A whole bunch of people including Dusty Rhodes, Dave Lagana, WWE.com writer Jen Hunt and others came up with suggestions for a new name. Vince picked the John Morrison name. That one was likely chosen because the similarities between Hennigan and the deceased 60s rock star Jim Morrison are quite striking.

--------------------------------

As far as Morrison goes, he's pretty innovative. I'll give him that. What I think he needs to work on is his mic skills (Still a little bland) and ring presence (At time's he's a little sloppy
Back to top Go down
http://thewrestlingkings.forumotion.com
HBKFan

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-07-26

Why Johnny Nitro's name was changed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Johnny Nitro's name was changed   Why Johnny Nitro's name was changed Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 3:01 am

I don't know about anyone else but I truly think that since the start of the WWECW brand, Morrison/nitro is the best champion they have had. Big show in my opinion, was really too lazy and limited and Lashley was way too green, therefore wasn't a draw. I think this kid Morrison with help from Punk and guys like that, can really develop as a main event star.
Back to top Go down

Why Johnny Nitro's name was changed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Wrestling Kingdom :: WrestleFest :: WWE-
Jump to: